Friday, December 14, 2012

11 days old!

Haha! Can you tell that I'm really excited to have babies again??? :) I just had to take pictures of Fiona's 2 big babies to show ya'll! These guys are huge for only being 11 days old! Wow, I think she's making up for her first litter being really small! Her other 2 are really good sized too!



I just about need to use two hands to hold them already! Look at those rolls! Lol! :) 




Update:
Babies are down to 5 now, Fiona's little runt didn't make it, and Mindy's broken died. :( But the 5 left are doing great. Alaina wasn't prego, bummer! I will be breeding some more bunnies soon for our next trip up to NE, Lord willing, for those on the waiting list!

And Smokey dozing above...


...and Daisy resting below the rabbits! I do not know why she likes to hang out under their cages?! Silly girl! :)


And a few of the buns! :)





AND look at my new puppy! :)

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I noticed in some of your pictures your bunny cages are not lined with cardboard or something that would prevent your bunnies from sitting directly on top of the wire.

Please be kind to your bunnies and line the floor of your cages with something. Besides it being painful for them to stand and sit directly on wire (try it yourself and see how you feel), your bunnies will also develop sore hocks which will make it even more painful and sensitive for them. This is especially important if you keep your bunnies in cages all the time and do not allow them to come out and play.

http://www.rabbitnetwork.org/articles/sorehocks.shtml

Please also advise this to anyone that you sell your bunnies to.

Thank you,
A Bunny Lover

Ashley said...

Hello Jenny,

I actually do have boards in all of my cages for them to sit on as I know they can get sore hocks if there isn't anything but wire for them to sit on. You must of seen just a part of the cage. I make sure that there is always a good sized board that they can sit on in each of their cages. And, yes, I also tell the people I sell bunnies too about the importance of having a board in the cage for the bunny to sit on so they don't get sore hocks.

Thanks!
Ashley