Saturday, October 20, 2012

In Loving Memory of Misty

This took a little while for me to type up and all, because every time I tried to, it just made me so sad. :( I really miss seeing Misty's sweet face and cuddling with her whenever I go into my rabbitry. Goodbye to the most sweetest rabbit in the world. You will never be forgotten.

A little bit of background:

It all began when I saw an ad in the newspaper that said something like "Holland lop bunnies for sale! Pedigreed, show quality. Call..." I was 10 years old at the time and called and talked to a really friendly guy and we set up a time to go and see his bunnies for sale. He was in Omaha, NE (an hour from where we lived) and we went to church in Omaha, so we set it up for a Sunday afternoon. Well, we went and I didn't care much for what he had for sale, but he had a litter coming up and we saw the soon to be parents. The doe was just getting to the grumpy stage where she just wanted to be left alone. She was a really cute bunny though, and so was the buck. They both looked really nice and we were excited about her babies that she would soon be having!

Got a call about a week later that she had had her litter! When the babies were around 3 weeks old we went to visit them, I absolutely LOVED her (Misty) right away out of the 4 or more babies! She was the one! :)

Five weeks later she was finally mine! And I loved her from day number one. I don't like to do favorites really, but she was always my favorite bunny and always will be!

A few facts on Misty that you most likely haven't heard before:

1. We visited her every week after the time we first saw her at 3 weeks until she was ready to go (8 weeks old)! :)
2. For the first 1-2 years that I had Misty, I thought she was a smoke pearl, that is what we were told she was because she looked JUST like one when she was a baby.
3. I didn't get Misty's pedigree for a year.
4. I am still great friend's with the girl that got one of her daughters, Lily, who is a sable point just like her. Lily is now around 5 years old ... but Misty was always cuter!
5. Her father could do a complete back flip, and did them frequently in his cage, just having fun! :)


Old pictures ~







Peekaboo! Misty loved to play in old pop boxes, oatmeal bins, etc.!




More recent pictures:



Me and my sweetheart! Oh! how I miss this little girl!



RIP Misty ~ Born May 31, 2005, Passed away August 31, 2012

No comments: