Sunday, February 19, 2012

In Loving Memory of My Wonderful Horse ~ Sam

My sweet old boy passed away on Nov. 22, 2011. Sam was 24 years old. What a special horse he was! He was so beautiful, so sweet, and a wonderful friend. I loved him so much. He was the best horse in the world.


A picture of us soon after I bought him - about 2 years ago~





What a cutie, this is one of my favorite pictures of him~


My most favorite picture of Sam~



Friends~


He was so cute with little children. When a little one was up on his back, he would noticeably go slower and more careful than he would with me or another adult. Also, when a little child would walk up to try and pet him, he would lower his head so that they could. How sweet!







After breaking my left arm (right below my shoulder, clean through) in an accident while riding my pony when I was eleven, I was so scared to get on another horse. I would be so scared when up on a horse after that. I needed to get a good horse that I could trust and could build my confidence on again. Sam was just the right horse, out of 6-8 others that I looked at when searching for a horse. And he definitely was. He helped me so much. I could really trust him.



And a picture of us taken just a few months ago~



I miss you so amazingly much, Sam. There will never be another horse like you!

Ashley

No comments: