Saturday, March 5, 2011

Babies!

Daisy had a litter of 6 kits on March 1st. So, it's been four days and they are all doing great so far. Daisy did everything perfect, this is her first litter! She had them all back in her cutely made nest, and had pulled quite a bit of fur. I haven't got a very close look at them all yet, but it looks like there are 5 brokens, and 1 solid and they look like healthy, good sized little babies!

She is in the basement since it is way too cold to be having babies in the barn. We have had a few really nice days, but now it's supposed to snow again. I hope it doesn't stay long and that it gets warmer and stays warm soon!

Amanda will be getting her nest box in a few days. So, will also be moving her into the basement as well. Okay, I have to admit that I am still not 100% sure that she is pregnant this time though... :( I really think she is!    (?)

Alicia is ready to be bred! I will be breeding her very soon to Benji, I'm pretty sure... Well, the last time I tried breeding Amanda to him, he would just not do his thing. Was totally not interested in the rabbit next to him! So, hopefully this time he will be. Him and Alicia should make beautiful babies! :)

Wow, 6 baby Hollands! It's been quite awhile since I've had a Holland litter! I'm an excitable one! :)

Ashley
Silver Gate Rabbitry

No comments: